Thursday 17 June 2010

Three Words I Hate

A little bit of a grumble.

Okay - three words I hate.

What's the point?

Not sure if those were the three words you were expecting. :) I get so fed up of hearing - What's the point of :-

  • recycling
  • conservation
  • picking up your own litter
  • anything!

Feel free to insert your own activity of choice. What's the point of me doing it when nobody else is? What's the point when it only makes a small difference? What if Nelson Mandela, Gandhi, Martin Luther King...what if the suffragettes had said that?

Instead of asking what's the point?Ask instead, is it a good thing to do, is it the right thing to do, is it of benefit? And if the answer is yes, maybe that's the point. Or in other words stop moaning and get on with it.

Grump over.

3 comments:

Sullivan McPig said...

I agree with you! so many people only think of themself and refuse to see their action CAN bring change.

Barbara said...

I totally agree with you! It's really so annoying when people ask about the point of doing something for others. But I simply can't stand it when someone say something like: "he/she can do it, therefore why I can't? everyone does it".

LesleyW said...

Sullivan - thank you. :)

Barbara - that's what I mean.

I just needed to have a little vent and get it off my chest.