Sunday 7 June 2009

Zero at the Bone - Jane Seville, Story so Far

So it's taking me a little longer than usual to get through this one, nothing to do with the book, just other life stuff getting in the way. Yes it's essay writing time again. :)

So far I am really enjoying the story. Though I'm still torn (after reading other reviews) on whether or not I'm going to read the epilogue. I said that I wouldn't, but I don't think it would be fair to write a review and not read it. Anyway here's the blurb. Review coming soon.

"After witnessing a mob hit, surgeon Jack Francisco is put into protective custody to keep him safe until he can testify. A hitman known only as D is blackmailed into killing Jack, but when he tracks him down, his weary conscience won't allow him to murder an innocent man. Finding in each other an unlikely ally, Jack and D are soon on the run from shadowy enemies.

Forced to work together to survive, the two men forge a bond that ripens into unexpected passion. Jack sees the wounded soul beneath D's cold, detached exterior, and D finds in Jack the person who can help him reclaim the man he once was. As the day of Jack's testimony approaches, he and D find themselves not only fighting for their lives...but also fighting for their future. A future together."

2 comments:

Renee said...

I'm intrigued. I like the twist on the hackneyed story --witness falls for law enforcement officer who takes him/her into protective custody.

I'll be interested in reading that review! :-)

LesleyW said...

Renee - your wish is granted. :)