Monday 3 August 2009

Magic Strikes - So Far

I'm currently about a third of the way through and very much enjoying it.

I do remember why I didn't pick this one up straight away though. I am not really a fan of the whole underground supernatural fighting ring as a plot device. It's one that has been done over and over* and has never really appealed to me.

But I had forgotten how much I love the characters of this series, and so far it's much more about them. I am so glad that Ilona Andrews has a new series coming out shortly so I don't have to wait too long before getting my hands on another of her books.


* - Star Trek, Angel, Sanctuary, Torchwood. I'm sure there are others.

3 comments:

Mandi said...

This is one of my favorite series and I think the books get better with eac one! I am also looking forward to On The Edge:) She writes such interesting worlds and I love her sense of humor.

Li said...

Oh, I LOVED this one. Kate and Curran *swoon*

I'm also all excited about the new series!

LesleyW said...

Mandi - I am also looking forward to The Edge and have it on my wishlist.

Li - I've now finished it and it was sooooo good. LOL - I wish I'd read it sooner, but on the plus side it means not such a long wait til the next book.

And I loved Dali and Jim together.