Wednesday 15 July 2009

Chains of Darkness, Chains of Light - so far

So I'm struggling a little with this one. It's the fourth in the Sundered quadrology by Michelle Sagara West, and when I started reading I found one of my notes/bookmarks which indicated I'd already read to page 58 once. (I make little notes on scraps of paper as I go along and use them as bookmarks).

It took a littl getting into, but I'm now well over halfway. More thoughts on why I struggled at the beginning in the main review. But I am still impressed by the skillful (skilfull? skillfull?) way Michelle West weaves her story together. At the moment the reader is in the privileged position of witnessing the machinations of every character, whilst the characters remain unaware. Very much along the lines of the reader knowing something terrible is going to happen and being unable to stop it.

Hopefully will have it finished by the weekend.

2 comments:

Renee said...

Oh, interesting. I love her Chronicles of Elantra/Cast series, but have never read one of her more classic fantasy series.

Looking forward to the review!

LesleyW said...

Sill battling through at the moment. Am about three quarters through now.