Sunday, 1 January 2012

Review and Resolution

Okay, I think we can all agree that in 2011 I pretty much sucked at both blogging, reading challenges and reviewing.

I read and finished a total of 8 books - way off target for 52 books in a year.

And that pretty much means I didn't meet any of my reading challenges. I love reading, so even if I wasn't blogging about it I'm not sure why I found it so hard to finish a book in 2011. All I can do is resolve to do better in 2012.

So I'm going to go back to concentrating on reviewing. No reading challenges for me in 2012 - other than to say that I'm going to do my best to read more than 8 books and I will have a tracking post. Also, I'm going to keep the series challenge page up - mainly because it took so long to write out and I really do need to keep track of which series I've finished and which I haven't.

I'm also introducing the DNF (which I lovingly read as DuNph). Up to now I've always tried to finish a book no matter what, but this year I'm not doing that. I think one of the things that has put me off reading is forcing myself to finish books that I'm just not enjoying. So no more.

I'm also going to write some posts about Worldbuilding, because probably the other major thing that is turning me off reading at the moment is sloppy worldbuilding.

So 2012 is going to be a brand new start.

5 comments:

Sullivan McPig said...

Happy New Year!

LesleyW said...

Thank you. Happy New Year to you to. :)

Marg said...

Here's to a fabulous reading and blogging year in 2012.

LesleyW said...

Thanks Marg, I certainly hope so.

Nicole said...

Good for you on adding the DNF option! It's one of the things that keeps me sane.