Monday, 12 September 2011

Oh Dear

It appears that the last time I blogged was in June.

In my defense blogging is an easy habit to fall out of if you are not disciplined with yourself.

Okay, that doesn't sound like a very good excuse.

How about...

I moved house in July and have been slightly busy sorting that out. And in all that time I have managed to read about half of Jim Butcher's Dead Beat - so don't really have that much to blog about. Methinks I am not going to be meeting any of my reading challenges this year.

Also, it's not just blogger, I haven't been on the internet as much full stop. But have been spending more time in the garden as when I moved I acquired a pond and about 20 fish! They didn't make the move with their previous owner. I am currently counting success with the pond as - none of the fish have died yet.

Autumn is just starting in the UK and two trees overhang the pond, so will probably be spending more time out there of an evening, but will try to make a better effort to blog.

6 comments:

Tracy said...

Wow - you've been busy. Understandable that you've not been blogging. I'd love to see pictures of the pond and the fish! :)

Glad you're enjoying your new place.

Sullivan McPig said...

moving house is a lot of work and stressful, so can understand why blogging didn't fit into your schedule.

Renee said...

I hear ya about falling out of blogging. I've been scarce, too, and it's been tricky trying to re-establish the habit.

Enjoy your time in the garden. There will be plenty of time in the winter when curling up with a book or laptop will be just the thing. :-)

Christine said...

This kind of thing happens! It's good to hear what you've been up to, though. Best wishes in your new home and good luck with the fish!

LesleyW said...

Tracy - will get some pictures of the fish and post them here.

Sullivan - it's getting back into the habit of blogging that I'm struggling a little bit with. Plus I haven't been reading as much. Though I have been opening lots and lots of boxes.

Renee - Thank you. And the curling up with a book and possibly some hot chocolate :), sounds fantastic.

Christine - thank you. Fish all still alive as of tonight. Hope I haven't jinxed myself by saying that.

Nicole said...

I'm there, too. I moved in with my BF this spring, and my time spent online plummeted. I mean, this is a good thing, but it's made some changes happen in 'net-land that were completely unexpected.

Glad to hear you're well!